About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Wednesday, December 20, 2000

Koh Samed

January 14th

With protests going on in Bangkok and the fact I don't like Bangkok, I decided to visit the island of Koh Samed or Koh Samet for the 1st time. I had at least a week before my Visa for India will be ready and it was only 4 hrs from Bangkok. I have visited many islands in Thailand and most are more beautiful than here BUT this is probably my favorite. Beautiful beaches, inexpensive rooms and food and its compact. You can walk everywhere. Not as touristy as other islands. Lots of ex pats from Finland, Sweden and Russia along with big crowds of Thais from Bangkok on weekend but not too crowded.


































No comments:

Post a Comment