About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Monday, December 18, 2000

Traveling to Bangkok.

January 8, 2014

This journey began catching a bus at 8 pm from Playa del Carmen to Cancun after visiting my friend, Mindi, for several days. The bus ride was only 45 minutes but the night in the airport took forever. My flight did not leave until 7am the next morning. And then in the wisdom of Delta Airline, My flight to San Francisco had a 6 hr layover in Atlanta, then another connection in Detroit before arriving LATE in San Francisco at 11:15 pm. Unfortunately my SFO flight to Bangkok leaves at midnight. Somehow I made it. Then the China Airlines flight to Tapeii had some diifficulty so we were late there. They held the connecting flight to Bangkok for us and we made it but those who do NOT use carryon baggage only did not get their baggage. I made it to Bangkok at 11 am on January 10th, a journey of about 39 hrs. The joy of travel. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment